Monday, July 26, 2010

Last week of July....

It is hard to believe that July is almost over...and we finally have some sunshine to enjoy, too. This weekend, I found a FANTASTIC NEW SPELLING SITE! You can hear the words, hear each one used in a sentence, play various games, and be tested on the words. It is the best spelling site I have ever seen.  I transferred our "Spelling by Grade" lists there.  You can visit the site: SPELLING CITY.
Today, please visit the site.  If you have finished Grade One, then start work on Grade Two. Go to the site, Click "Find a List" and then "Find by Teacher." Enter my name, Liz Falconer.  Our class lists will pop up, and you can choose one. There are 3 options for each list: TEACH, TEST, and GAMES. Today please choose "TEACH."  It will give you each word, with a sentence. LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES!


How was your weekend? Write about it, using past tense verbs. Here is Liz's example:


I  had a very relaxing weekend. On Friday evening, I went to Renton River Days.  There was a great band there playing jazz music.  On Saturday, I went out to dinner at the Landing with my husband.  We ate sushi at a new Japanese restaurant.  It was pretty good, but a little expensive.  On Sunday I stayed home and cleaned, dusted, and picked up the house.  In the evening, we saw "The Bourne Identity," an action movie. Even though I have seen it before, I enjoyed it.   

1 comment:

  1. How was nice on your weekend,we like to eat Sushi too ,before my brother works at Japanese restaurant in the California ,he cooks the Sushi and he teaches me too .

    ReplyDelete